Started in the San Francisco Bay Area, the mission ofÂ Green CafÃ© Network (GCN) is to make sustainability mainstream by greening the coffeehouse industry and harnessing cafe culture for environmental education and action.
Our Vision and Goals Include:
- To make aggregate reductions in waste, energy, water and emissions through changes in cafÃ© practices and individual lifestyles.
- To continuously increase public environmental literacy and citizen action through cafe communities and the coffeehouse industry.
- To collaborate with coffee shops, individuals and organizations from diverse neighborhoods of the Bay Area and beyond, striving for our work to be accessible to all communities.
- To lead the movement to green the entire specialty coffee shop industry and make environmental responsibility a standard practice for restaurant operations.
- And to use our network of cafes and supporters to:
– Influence product supply chains
– Promote social justice and the green jobs movement
– Influence policy
– Inspire citizen action; and…
– Ultimately makeÂ sustainability mainstream.